Have a Great Ceiling Fan Idea?
Tell us about it here!
If you have a great idea for a ceiling fan, tell us about it...even if you think it is ridiculous!
Sometimes the most off-the-wall ideas evolve into something that meaningful.
Here are some suggestions already submitted
- "Figure out a way to stop the blades from spinning on an outdoor ceiling fan when it gets really windy."
- "would like a ceiling fan with a cfm rating over 6000, 50 to 54 inches wide not too modern maybe with sail cloth or clear blades. Most important is that it should not look like it came off a plane."
- "How about a ceiling fan that has a backup battery so it will work when there is a power outage?
- "I would like to see an outdoor ceiling fan that is designed specifically to handle high winds. The blades on my outdoor ceiling fan snapped off during a windstorm. "
- "I have a ceiling that is 20' high, making it very difficult to get to my fan when I need to change a light bulb or clean the blades. I would like to see a ceiling fan that can be lowered for cleaning"
- "How about a ceiling fan with a built-in smoke detector?". Since homes in our area require them in virtually every room, it would be nice if it was hidden inside a fan."
- "I'm having a hard time finding black ceiling fans, particularly a black flush mount fan. The choices are very limited. Someone should make a better selection of black fans."
- "I would like an outdoor ceiling fan that has a quick disconnect so I can take it down easily before a big storm"
- "I'd like to see a ceiling fan where you can just pop off the blades whenever you want to clean them...or so I don't have to take down the fan before a huge storm."
- "I have solar power in my home and I would like to see some low voltage ceiling fans that work with solar power."
- "How about a ceilng fan that retracts into the ceiling when it is not in use!"