Project #10797 - Glass Doors for Fireplace
Customer Comments: Hi, Attached please find photos of my fireplace. I am looking for glass fireplace doors that I can install to prevent chilly drafts from coming down the flu even then the damper is closed. Here is additional information.
Our Comments: We have created mockups of the doors you requested and added some others to consider. We have shown some as overlap fitting doors and some fitting inside. The overlapping doors have a 3" wide frame to help hide the irregularities in the stone and provide plenty of room for play with the arch. The inside fitting doors have a 1 1/2" wide frame with a mortar flange that will allow you to easily fill the gaps with mortar. A template will be required to make these doors. We will instruct you how to make that template when we speak to you over the phone.
Fireplace Opening: 46 1/2 to 47" W x 33 1/2 to 35 1/4" H
Medium Range Steel Doors
Steel doors are heavy duty and rugged and are more customizable because the frames are laser cut.
High End Hand Crafted Wrought Iron/Steel Doors
Hand crafted doors take on a more rugged natural look for those who appreciate craftsmanship tasteful details.
High End Hand Crafted Solid Brass
These doors are hand crafted by skilled artisans from Solid Brass or Steel, depending on the finish that is desired. Very high end, and very refined. Items made from solid brass come in a wide variety of hand crafted patinas and other finishes. Satin Nickel finishes done on solid brass are the finest quality and will not rust like plated steel.
Customer Additional Comments:
- Gas fireplace (not wood)
- Used Oct-Feb to warm the room
- Cold air blows into room when the fireplace is not in use, even when the flu is closed
- Need a fireplace window that will be open when the fireplace is in use and closed when not in use to keep the cold air from blowing into the room
Styles features I like are:
- Bi-fold doors so the swing space in opening the doors is smaller than two standard doors
- Clear glass (but what is the difference between ceramic and standard glass on your website?)
- Something that compliments the stone color (we are fine with black but not sure what kind of finish it should be)
- No screen or internal doors needed
Here are some examples of what we like (ignore color, these examples are for shape of the unit):
If you could supply an image of the Legend style in:
- Black with seamless bi-fold doors (no embellishment like in this view: https://www-hansenwholesale.com.imgeng.in/media/wysiwyg/fireplace-doors/projects/10199-legend-arch.jpg
- Same as number one but in any other color that you would recommend that goes with the stone color
- Same as number one or two (either black or another suggested color) but with decorative window bars at the bi-fold hinge like in Example #3 (In other words the Legend model with bi-fold hinge bars if they are available)
We are open to any other styles other than the Legend if you think it fits our style of fireplace better.